Please ensure that you read our detailed Risk Disclosure in full and understand its.
Risk warning: Contracts for Difference (‘CFDs’) are complex financial products, most of which have no set maturity date. Therefore, a CFD position matures on the date you choose to close an existing open position. CFDs, which are leveraged products, incur a high level of risk and can result in the loss of all of your invested capital. As a result, CFDs may not be appropriate for all individuals. You should not risk more than you are prepared to lose. Before deciding to trade, you should ensure that you understand the risks involved and take into account your level of experience. You should seek independent advice, if necessary.
- Venture Financial Markets Ltd (referred to as ‘VFM Brokers’, the ‘Firm’, ‘us’, ‘we’ and ‘our’) provide you with this ‘Risk Disclosure Notice’ (the ‘Notice’) to help you understand the risks that might arise when trading Contracts for Difference (‘CFDs’) (referred to as ‘Leveraged Products’). However, you need to bear in mind that the Notice does not contain all the risks and aspects involved in trading leveraged products. The Client (referred to as the ‘Client’, ‘you’, ‘your’ and ‘yourself’) should carefully read the Notice in conjunction with the ‘Client Agreement’, the ‘Order Execution Policy’ and the documentation/ information available to you through our Website
- You need to ensure that any decision to engage in trading Leveraged Products is made on an informed basis and in light of your knowledge and experience as well as to your personal circumstances (including but not limited to your financial position). In addition, you need to ensure that you understand the nature of CFDs and the extent of all risks and aspects involved in trading Leveraged Products
- Please note that CFDs are leveraged financial products and therefore as such, trading them involves a high risk of loss as price movements are influenced by the amount of leverage the client is using. For example, if a client is using 30 times leverage a movement of 0.5% will result in a gain or a loss of 15%. Nonetheless, as a result of the ‘Negative Balance Protection’ (‘NBP’) you may not lose more than your initial investment.
- Trading Leveraged Products is not appropriate for all individuals. Under no circumstances, you should risk more than you are prepared to lose.
- For any capitalised term, which has not been defined in the Notice, please refer to Schedule A (‘Glossary’) of the ‘Client Agreement’.
- CFDs are agreements to exchange the difference in value of a particular instrument or currency between the time at which the agreement is entered into and the time at which it is closed. CFDs allow the Firm’s Clients to replicate the economic effect of trading in particular currencies or other instruments without requiring actual ownership of those assets; a full list of the instruments on offer via CFDs by VFM Brokers is available on our Website.
- CFDs are derivative products traded off-exchange (or Over-the-Counter (‘OTC’)); this means VFM Brokers is at all times the counterparty to the Client trades and any CFD trades entered into with the Firm, can only be closed with us. Your ability to open and/or close trades is dependent on the availability of our trading platform(s).
- You understand that you are not entitled to the physical delivery of the underlying instrument (or reference instrument) of the CFDs you are trading and you have no rights in the underlying instrument (such as voting rights in case you are trading CFDs on shares).
- CFDs fluctuate in value during the day; the price movements of CFDs are determined by a number of factors including but not limited to availability of market information.
- The prices generated by our trading platform(s) are derived from the prices of the relevant underlying instruments, which the Firm obtains from third party liquidity/price providers. The prices of CFDs that you trade with us may include a mark-up. This means that the spreads offered by us comprise of (i) the raw spreads received from liquidity/price provider(s) and (ii) a mark-up (where applicable).
- For trading certain CFDs, the Client may be required to pay a commission and/or other fees. These instances are described in detail in our Website. For all type of CFDs offered by the Firm, the commission (if applicable) and financing/overnight fees are not incorporated into the Firm’s quoted prices and are instead charged explicitly to the Client Account(s). In the case of financing/overnight fees, the value of opened positions in some types of financial instruments is increased or reduced by a daily financing fee ‘swap’ throughout the life of the trade. The financing fees are based on prevailing market interest rates. From Mondays to Thursdays swap is charged once for every business day and on Fridays swap is charged in triple size in order to account for the weekend; details of daily financing/ overnight fees applied, are available in our Website.
- VFM Brokers is the sole counterparty to all Client trades and the Firm may profit from any Client losses.
- You should not fund your Account using money obtained from any credit facility (including bank loan or otherwise). You should understand that your overall risks will be significantly increased. For instance, if you incur a loss on your trades, you will still have to repay any amount borrowed plus any interest or other costs. Therefore, you shall never finance any trades on such borrowed money and you should never rely on being able to profit on any trade, in order to repay such amounts.
- Trading CFDs enables you to use leverage to open a trade by depositing a fraction of the total trade value. This means that a relatively small market movement may lead to a proportionately much larger movement in the value of your trade. For margin calculation purposes, the leverage level used will be the lower of: (i) the Account or (ii) symbol traded. This logic applies on all our trading platforms.
- The leverage offered is subject to the instrument you wish to trade.
- Financial markets may fluctuate rapidly to reflect events that are outside the control of the Firm and/or your control; as a result, prices will become volatile. One form of price volatility is ‘gapping’, which occurs when there is a sudden shift in prices from one level to another. This can be caused, for example by unexpected economic events or market announcements, within or outside trading hours. Consequently, VFM Brokers may be unable to execute your instructions at the requested price. In addition, if prices move against you, this will have a direct and real time impact on your trades, which may be automatically stopped-out. It is possible that you all your trades will be stopped-out; not just the ones that are loss making.
- You should note that any changes made to your leverage level, on an already traded Account, can immediately affect your open positions and may result in a stop-out.
- It is your responsibility to monitor the required margin of your open positions and in order to avoid a stop-out you may have to fund your Account.
- You will be impacted by foreign exchange movements, if you are trading in a product that is denominated in a currency other than the currency of your Account. Any currency conversion calculations are provided by the Firm to the Client in the currency in which the Client account is denominated and the currency of the relevant instrument, using the cross spot rate.
- Your capacity to trade CFDs may also be affected as a result of changes in the legal, regulatory, taxation environment and/or other.
- VFM Brokers may, from time to time and as often as it deems appropriate, issue and/or distribute third party material (the ‘Material’), which contains information including but not limited to the conditions of the financial markets, posted through our Website and other media and/or received by you. It should be noted that the Material is considered to be marketing communication only and does not contain, and should not be construed as containing, investment advice and/or an investment recommendation and/or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments; any decision to enter into a specific transaction shall be made by the Client following an assessment by him/herself of their situation. VFM Brokers makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor any loss arising from any investment based on a recommendation, forecast or other information supplied by any employee of VFM Brokers, a third party or otherwise. The Material is not prepared in accordance with legal requirements promoting the independence of investment research and it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research. All expressions of opinion included in the Material are subject to change without notice. Any opinions made may be personal to the author and may not reflect the opinions of VFM Brokers.
- VFM Brokers does not provide investment, financial, legal, tax, regulatory or other advice relating to investments or trading. Any material or information or other features, which may be provided to you through our Website, trading platforms, marketing or training events or otherwise, is generic and shall not be treated as advice appropriate for you or based on a consideration of your personal circumstances. You should seek independent professional advice from a suitably qualified advisor, if necessary, prior to engaging in trading Leveraged Products with us.
Why Risk Management Is a Priority With Leverage Trading?
Do you feel your trades are restricted by your account size? Well! It’s the case for most of the traders. Your trades and investment...
Working Hard To Make Your Life? Get Into Forex Trading
Everyone is living in their own life struggling to fulfill their dreams. Some work hard and get close to their dreams. However, for som...
Can Forex Trading Make Your Life Happy & Rich?
Forex trading opens up scope to transform your life. But does it change your life for the better? Can Forex trading make you rich and...
Open an account today and start trading within minutes.
Don't wait any longer. Join us today.